Fishing Kit Basics - What You Need to Begin
If you have never fished before you may wonder what you need to undertake this pastime. Fishing kit basics are not huge and you can pick up what you need online, from a specialist fishing shop or in a market.
Basic Fishing Equipment List
You can purchase starter kits for both freshwater and saltwater fishing which contains everything you need but if you are building up your own equipment the fishing kit basics are as follows.
- Fishing rod and reel.
- Selection of hooks and weights to suit the different types of fish you might catch.
- A pair of pliers to remove the hook from the fish.
- Cutters for the line or wire, you can get needlenose pliers which also combine cutters.
- A knife to gut the fish and cut up bait.
- A bucket to put the fish in after you have caught them
- A bait box.
It is wise to buy a fishing box to keep your equipment in which doubles as a stool to sit on and it is also a good idea to purchase a fishing umbrella as the weather is not always fine and you can get very wet.
If you are planning to fish in a restricted area or in a private lake you must make sure you purchase a fishing licence. You can get day permits, weekly permits or if you are planning to fish there a lot you can buy an annual licence.
Once you have learnt the art of fishing you can build up your equipment by adding to the fishing kit basics you started with.